Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Broad Place of Freedom!

There is a narrow gate that beckons one to forsake all to follow the Lord Jesus Christ. The gate is narrow and when we choose to submit to Him to be set apart for His glory, we do it through an act of our own will. It is true that forced love is no love at all. God is looking for a people who will lay it all down, follow Him into an uncomfortable place, and walk with Him day by day, trusting in Him implicitly. Can I stress this enough? No. Why? Because there is no shortcut and Christianity is not cheap. The blood which was shed by Jesus Christ is precious and costly, bringing us out of death into life.

Something interesting happens when we enter through the narrow gate into our confinement in the wilderness. We begin to blossom in a very dry, dusty, mundane and uncomfortable place. Yet the process between entering the desert and total submission and acceptance to your surroundings, brings one through much trial and error. What is God after in this place? YOU. Interestingly enough, no matter how much you kick, scream, cry out................He sees your heart and only He knows when the time is ready for you to leave. You actually can go anytime you want because He is not forcing you to be here. The entrance is open. We have a free will. The only reason that I kicked and screamed and whined and complained was because I wanted something easier to achieve the same results. Ain't gonna happen baby..................hindsight is definitely better than foresight.

I learned something very important here in this time. So important that it has literally changed me and is continuing to change me from the inside out. FREEDOM. Freedom in the desert. Freedom to dance when no one can see you. Freedom to sing when no one is listening. Props are removed. You have an audience of ONE and He is indeed watching and listening. Why are you doing this all? Inner motives are exposed and left to be examined on the dry dusty sands. It is YOU exposed and naked and transparent in a place where you simply can't hide. And you have chosen this of your own free will. Why? Because you love Him. Selah.

I love this verse and it was always in my mind over these past 3 years.

Psalm 18:19 He also brought me out into a BROAD place. He delivered me because He delighted in me.

I was in a broad place. Not exactly what I expected but it was what God desired for me. This place of confinement was broad and free. It appeared to be restricted in the natural but it is not the natural that God is looking at in you. He is looking deep to see if you can be FREE in your confinement to focus and look at Him. Worship only Him. Dance for only Him. All props removed. Okay.........did I learn this overnight? No way. It took me a few years because I was flat out angry to find myself in this place. So outwardly I went through all the motions. Sort of like a little child that you have just disciplined and he or she says to you "But Mom, I'll be good. I promise. Just let me out of my room and I promise I will be better." Yeah.........right. God sees deep and keeps us in this place even when it hurts. Mothers know that. I am a mother, a grandmother, a woman of God, a Deborah and a Spiritual Mother. I know all the tricks and yet I tried using them myself. :)

This broad place of delight is now IN ME. I can dance when no one is watching. I can sing when no one is listening. For Him and Him alone. A funny thing happens when what God desires is accomplished in you. Suddenly you are dancing and singing and you notice that the scenery begins to shift around you. God sees and knows that you are ready. You are His and even though you may have days of ups and downs, you are His. You are free to go but the desert is inside of you and what you are learning here will be with you all the days of your life. Never forget this time for it is precious and invaluable.

3 comments:

  1. Today, He granted me access into a new open space~ a way which He went before and established to be opened and to enter, and I entered, in the Spirit. Then I entered literally. I just had to share, for His glory! I've entered a place of freedom that is paramount! I confronted an old place, and it no longer could find a place in me, and I entered in-- with freedom and grace, and now it is a new place. The old is gone. I love the drops of water on the page here. You can't imagine how relevant this is. I am glad I visited your site today. You still bless me friend-- sincerely, Linda Guinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    We are David and Megumi Morikawa Beams. We have a friend that mentioned this group and hope that this group is in the true worship of the MOST HIGH GOD... In JESUS name we pray.. Just signed up and will follow up on the things pertaining to this group.. Thanks.. Dave and Megumi

    ReplyDelete