Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Whole Truth and Nothing Else!

John 8:32 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." NKJV

It is time to speak the truth or to say nothing at all. I was standing in the shower, contemplating 2011 and all that it holds for us - establishing Rivers of Eden, writing, traveling - whatever the Lord wants us to do. I was suddenly interrupted by seeing the word 'Truth' before me 3 times - Truth, Truth, Truth. There it was and there it proclaimed itself before me.

I knew it was a challenge to me personally but also to each of you. Are we ready to speak truth and also to receive truth, without any hesitation, qualification, justification, excuses, or any such thing? I am not sure what you will do but I have agreed to stand in truth, to proclaim truth, and to walk in truth which all in all, is contrary to so much of what I see right now in the United States. Since Marvin and I have been back to the States, I see so much delusion, confusion, mixture, deception and so much more that all I can say is that we, as Christians, will  be challenged each day, each hour, each moment with what is the reality of truth as opposed to what is accepted all around us as truth but in reality, it is a lie.

So I have been challenged today to speak forth what God is telling me to speak forth, to proclaim, to journal or in whatever manner He tells me to do it. Have I not been doing it? Oh yes I have been speaking truth but do you realize that to speak truth comes with a great cost and our God is so gracious that He shelters us with each step so that grace covers us as we walk forward in the reality of the Truth of His Word which is experientially worked out in our lives. We stand on truth when in need of healing. We walk in truth when the world walks in a lie and mocks and scoffs at our God. We proclaim truth when the world accepts a lie and we are challenged to go against the prevailing norm in society. I just realized this morning in the shower the cost of truth in my own life. Right here. Right now.  I realized that I am walking in a new realm now and these writings will reflect the strength of my character to speak forth and reach those who are both worshippers and warriors and walking in a fear of the Lord. I am reaching out to those who see that love is truly strong and powerful and not corrupted as I see  around me. Walking forth in truth without hesitation and in humility to speak as well as receive. I see so clearly now as I want to take this next step to become who God has called me to be all along. The light of His truth working in my life brings strength, wisdom, discernment, and so much more.

That is why I have not written much up until this point. I have weathered the past 10 years with great persecution coming at us from each way. And I have stood and am still standing BUT now God looks and His eye sees right through me as to the test of my character to stand amidst a world in chaos. To speak when it is not popular and to speak what He longs for me to say. So I am writing this to myself first and foremost as a declaration to myself to take a new step, a broad step into a new arena as a prophet and to walk in the reality of His way, no matter what the cost. Will you join me? I pray you do as we walk this journey together into a new way where the light is shining in the reality of His Living Word.

Each post will be Spirit lead - spoken in humility and grace. Some posts may sting as we see that we are in need of repentance. Some posts may humble us as we see the reality of His love. Some may challenge us to walk His way at a great cost to our own lives. But it will be truth - simple clear and uncompromised. It will not be spoken in pride or self-righteousness. It will not be spoken diluted or compromised. It is time we grow up. It is time to mature. I am ready. Are you? Let's go......................................................Truth...............all or nothing spoken from a heart that is abandoned to the reality of His grace and love towards me, His salvation which overwhelms me and strengthens me to live, right here right now. The world is in chaos. We, as Christians have truth..................live in truth..........walk in truth............now.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Debra, you are so right on spot! This is what we need to hear and is in line with what I sense the Lord wants to highlight in my own life. A very special scripture the Lord has given for 2011 is Isa 60:1-5,:

    "Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
    For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
    And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
    Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at [thy] side.
    Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee."

    To be able to arise and shine, we have to be empty vessels without as much as possible keeping the light of the Lord from shining through us. And when people see this light in us it will be a strong witness for them. Sometimes stronger than the words we speak. God bless you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Truth' is the Way! Come, Lord Jesus, come and transform our hearts, lives, communities and world around us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is how it should be! God Bless you, keep walking in faith and obedience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the verse 1 John 2:2,3 that is truth, when we are obedient. Obedience to His Word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone..............so many afraid of truth. Yes it hurts but with TRUTH comes compassion and grace from the Lord to walk it out and then comes healing and freedom. Thanks for all the commments guys. :)

    ReplyDelete