Monday, October 3, 2011

Jesus is not a Prophetic Cliche!

Over the past year, I have felt a strong pull from the Lord to seek Him and to enter into His rest. I have felt a deep desire to know Him, to be in union with Him so that His divine life flows through my life. To live in Christ so that He is alive IN ME.

I don't want cliche prophetic words or movements that resound with repetitiveness, or empty vapor that sounds so void of the life of Christ. I have stopped completely seeking prophetic movements, revival atmospheres, awakening conferences, and on and on. I am seeking Him and the reality of Christ in me, the hope of glory. Our preaching and writing will reflect that from this point forward. It is not that I don't believe in the prophetic because I do and I believe God is releasing true apostles and prophets BUT those who are being release or are even moving in this right now, are focused on the centrality of Christ and New Covenant Christianity where the life of Christ flows in and through us as Christians. The prophetic movement has truly lost its way and has been lost for some time. Jesus Christ is simply not the central focus. The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Yet, when I look around I see a misplaced focus.

Rivers of Eden is the name given to me by God. Some have tried to get me to change this name over the years. These people have said that it was not apostolic enough or prophetic enough or even that the river movement was over. Yet I stood firm until I finally saw exactly why God gave me this name. It has taken a long time but I finally see and somehow I know what we are called to be IN CHRIST. I pray that in this season, as we travel quite extensively, we bring forth a clear message of Christ in us, the hope  of glory.

The Word tells us this:

Romans 3:23-26
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is IN CHRIST, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrated His righteousness, because in His forbearance, God had passed over the sins that were previously committed to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

All about Jesus. As Rivers of Eden God is calling us to INTERVENTION - to confront people with the reality of His mercy, love, grace, forgiveness, redemption, righteousness. It is ALL in Christ, not apart from Him. We are going to be challenging and confront anything that sets itself up against the revelation and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and preach a Gospel based on the power of the cross and the blood. We will bring people back to that point of intimacy, that place of glory, where the revelation of Jesus Christ is real and true. It will be as if Jesus stops them in their tracks and says "Look at Me! Look at Me! I am real!" In that place with our focus on Jesus Christ, God will pour out His healing, His deliverance, His revelation. We shall seek our Lord and all else will follow.

3 comments:

  1. Well said. Let's get back to the simple gospel of Jesus Christ which is infinitely manifold in its glory! I'm excited about the gospel because it speaks to a relationship with the Father. It tells me my sins are forgiven. It heals my broken heart. It promises me a future. It restores me to righteousness. It brings me new life. It sets me in fellowship with God and his children. It enables me to understand God's word. It projects me out as its minister to reconcile others to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister. I am so glad the Lord led me to your blog. You confirm my heart and the spirit within me of truth that He has also given me. All my saved life I have prayed for discernment and wisdom. I am here to say to you today that I confirm your words today. ~Many blessings to you!! ~Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen guys......you have blessed me greatly. Keep reading and stretching my life with your comments.

    ReplyDelete