Monday, October 11, 2010

Obedience - Simple?

Obedience - a word constantly spoken and of great importance in the kingdom BUT............... Simple obedience. Is it that simple? Our flesh cries out constantly to be satisfied and babied and catered to in every way. We are so easily offended in the Body of Christ and want our way. Case closed.

Yet............simple obedience is a simple command with great rewards - maturity being one of them.

Simplicity brings you into the revelation of the person of Jesus Christ. He stands before you - invites you to walk with Him, talk with Him. Simplicity can't be learned from afar but from near Him.

Remember what Mary said "Whatever He says to you, do it!" So just do it. But to just do it, you should remember that you must hear His voice, not yours and walk in His ways, not yours. Now is it so simple? Yes for someone who has relinquished their throne and allows Jesus to be Lord of your life. It is that simple. Not always easy but always worth it.

The simplicity of obedience strips us of our wisdom through trials, persecutions, and even outright humiliation which the Lord allows to get our attention. We are brought down to the moment. The future is found in the steps of obedience we take each day as we hear His voice and have relationship with Him. The past is lost in His love, forgiveness and mercy.

And the present is secure in knowing that He is enough. Why do I keep saying that to you? Well, because it is true. If you can't see it now you will. When the storms of life surround us, and there is nothing left to cling to, we cling to Him and then lovingly He looks at us and says " I am enough for you."

The simplicity of hearing His voice and following it can be fearful at times if you have trust issues or fear of failure or even fear missing your destiny. This is all a lie from the devil. Let me say that again. It is a lie, okay? Start today listening and obeying. Don't be so complicated and don't live your life through anyone else. Live through Him and in Him and with Him. Obedience brings you into the simplicity of adventure with your Lord. Into amazing things that await you when you turn your life wholly over to Him.

Now my journey........2008 and 2009 were the hardest years of my life and as I have heard from many, they may have also been hard for you. So let's talk about what happened over the next few weeks as I share with you the clash of kingdoms that went on in me so that I would relinquish my throne so that He can occupy the throne of my life being Lord and King. 

Then..........after all is said and done, I may proceed on to the next subject. I love this blog. Do you? Hope so because it is making me very free and very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment