Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eternal Creativity - More! Wednesday 2.15.12

Still meditating on this subject of creativity and will continue to meditate on it this year. It seems that some may find this topic impractical or question "How does this apply to me?" You see people often want the prophetic to be a clear path of being told what to think and told what God is saying. Yet I feel there is more. I simply desire to challenge people to think and to step out to find revelation that challenges them to grow in Christ. To hear the voice of God for themselves from what is being written and to step out in what they hear and see.


Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.


Myriads of ways to write about this verse but I choose one creative way here. Faith brings a pleasure to God that His kids are stepping out in Him, believing that He loves them and rewards that type of focus. Faith stirs up creativity. For so long I have felt, through being under law, that this verse implied that I must please God by stepping out and if I did not I was less than pleasing to God or worse yet, He did not notice me, see me or was concerned about me.  I had a fear that I was not doing enough or a fear that I could not step out in what He wanted me to step out in. Fears inhibits faith and definitely halts creativity. How so?


Faith is a door that one must walk through in trust (not fear)  that He who calls you is faithful. He is. That pleases God that we trust Him with our lives and know He has our best interests at heart. Diligently seeking Him does not mean striving because striving also inhibits vision and stifles our hearing and captures creativity and imprisons it in the mundane. Creativity naturally is birthed from faith because God is creative and when we believe Him and who He is, follow Him, we will follow our creative path chosen exclusively for us.


You see, as you read this, i don't want to sound so nebulous but very clear that we are creative because of Him. To have faith means to step into His will for our lives, not someone else's revelation or path. Our path. That means we walk with Him and His voice leads us in His way. That brings fear to many that are confined in law and structure and don't step out in any way. Many attend church and are spoon fed rather than learning to chew on fresh manna, meditate and find your way. When one does that, it benefits the Body of Christ at large for it encourages a fresh flow, diversity and spontaneity. 


I was meant to be ME. God has created ME and created a place positioned for me in His body. His body is lacking something if I don't take my place or you don't take yours. There is a synergy of movement and flow when we creatively find ourselves in Him and walk in that alongside others walking in His way for them. It so it is our passion to proclaim it.


For instance, here in Finland, even though I love it, there is a mundane characteristic about it at times that simply has people walking in a rut. Day in, day out. Same way, same path, same picture. Now please know I love it here but that is why we are here - to be a creative spark. Many here are creative but many many are lost in the mundane. They don't believe they can be creative and sometimes I feel a social democracy stifles creativity. Creativity is birthed through struggle to find your way. Yes I know Finnish people struggle but with the current social democracy, at times, they are helped out in various ways that I, as an American, simply don't have - medical, help with rent, free education, financial help, etc. etc. I am not judging nor am I an expert on governmental affairs. But I do observe people and I have been coming to this country for a long time. We are a creative spark. Finland will be creative and is creative but God wants more, especially from Christians who are called to lead in Christ not follow the ways of the world.  Just sayin' 


Yes yes many Americans are not creative and are stuck but I am not in America right now. I am in Finland so let's start here for this is where I am called. For those of you reading this not in Finland :) be creative by faith where  you are. Get out of the rut you may find yourself in, right where you are. 

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

    We were created to be whom God has created us to be! We were not created to be whom "Man/Religion/Denomination" binds or shackle us to be. Open your ears, open your eyes, hear God and obey to be the creative individual He wants you to be for Him.

    By the Grace of Jesus, all of this is what we will be teaching in Finland and wherever else God directs to go by His voice or buy invitation. We need only to hear the Holy Spirit in us and obey to allow God's creativity to flow out of us.

    ReplyDelete