Friday, February 17, 2012

Graffiti Vision- Street Art - Creativity in His Name

graffiti - street art, spray painting, inscriptions, drawings, defacement, vandalism. 


I would disagree with the above definition found in the dictionary on my Mac. Here is a vision God gave me a few years ago and I would like to bring it forth in this blog. This vision would dispute the idea that graffiti is vandalism. I know it may be misplaced but it is an art form that God is using and will use in the future. I pray that this could be a part of Rivers of Eden. How? Not sure yet but read below. 


I saw. In color. In clear definition. I saw by the Holy Spirit a graffiti picture of a young man, in vivid colors, standing on a street. Suddenly the young man was lifted up into the heavenly realm, but only his head was in heaven and his feet were on the earth. It was a glorious vision and I loved it. I was thrilled that God gave it to me. Clear and simple and concise. Passion in me stirred for the artist that would bring forth this type of art. I admit to being a bit unfamiliar with it except for the clear passion that I love it in its color and its life. 


The young man's head in the heavenlies and his feet on earth. What can God be saying through this? Pretty simple to me. Each generation has a sound and each generation will bring both creatively what resides in the depths of their heart. Whether the passion to create is fueled by anger, rage, peace, joy, happiness or any number of emotions, each generation brings forth a well of creativity that resides in them. This graffiti artist shows me that God desires to bring forth His art throughout the cities of the earth. Bring on the graffiti artists Lord, bring them forth in great number. 


My hope and desire fueled this morning for creativity! I would like to prophesy that this ministry would be able to create movable walls in our studio in the future - wherever that may be - to bring forth graffiti that would change as the Spirit gives utterance. I would pray that Graffiti Artists that glorify the name of Jesus and give Him all praise and honor would create statements and visual displays to cause the atmosphere to change through color and image where they are placed. 


I am laughing here because this is so real in me and whether we do this in California or in Finland or both, how will I do this? I am not sure but God bring it on. I have been thinking about graffiti for days. On with the vision and prophetically speaking.


Walls inside or out, perhaps movable in fabric that may change monthly, placed strategically, awash in color and image, giving glory by the Spirit to Jesus Christ. An 'in your face' type of art that is explosive reality created by the reality of the anointing of Jesus Christ.  Ah! There is the difference. An art form that is used by the hand of God to bring Him glory. Perhaps it is vandalism when the art form is placed on city property that is defaced but I pray that God give place for this in prominent places appointed by the Holy Spirit. Lord give it to Rivers of Eden to do this. How again? I am not sure. Is anyone reading this in Finland now that can send some people our way to help us in this? Selah with a great smile.


What a strange blog! But gloriously strange as God said to pick up the computer and to start writing. We have set aside this year in Finland to begin this process and it is quite slow to try to attract creative people but we press, being faithful to the Lord God to anoint this work and bring forth fruit, creatively and passionately. You may be wondering, while reading this blog, "What does this have to do with me?" 


Well, you are to glean from the creative process. This is not a cut and dry prophetic, thus saith the Lord word - those are easy for me and I have done it so much over the years. Now I want to spiritually write and may those who read be challenged to BE creative and to glean how they are to be creative from Christ in them, the hope of glory. Creativity is so wonderful and so challenging and so beautiful. Creativity given to us through the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus breaks down walls of mundane apathetic Christianity and leave us without any excuse. Christ in you. Christ in me. Create!







2 comments:

  1. As I sat and read this about the movable graffiti walls, I saw, then asked, what about God providing a large warehouse in which partitions of canvas could be placed in a maze arrangement for the graffiti artist to paint as God so directed them. Then it would be opened to the public to walk and view. With changes taking place weekly, there would always be something different for the people to see... As I told Debra what I saw, she agreed but said we first need the artist to come... I say Amen to the artist coming... God provides the artist to show your creativity!

    Those in Finland that agree with this, please pass the information on to those that you know know are looking to allow this creativity to flow forth from themselves. Tell them of the meetings and seminars (listed on Facebook and Rivers of Eden web page) that we are holding to bring forth this creativity.

    All praise be given to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Debra! Being an artist myself and knowing how His creativity flows through me when I least expect it, I am excited about what you sense God wants to do there in Finland with graffiti art!

    I have had this idea for some time now (and I think it's from Him)of being able to use chalk to do murals like I did over 20 years ago at a church for an Easter Pageant... http://hazelholland---artistporfolio.blogspot.com/2012/02/last-supper.html.
    Murals that would glorify Him and bring people to the cross!

    I will be praying that God will send you the artists to do this work... Thank you, Jesus, in advance for your timing in these things from Your heart.

    Bless you in His love,
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete