Thursday, February 2, 2012

Outrageous - The Beauty of a Collage

The reason that I choose these collage pictures is because they are completely unpredictable. There is no specific form or structure. They develop as they are forming until someone says "Ah that's it!' Then the collage picture is formed and one is satisfied with the result. Collage, to me, is an ordered chaos that is birthed in the heart of an artist that abides by no particular rules except the desire and flow in their own heart.  Collage is outrageous and defies rules! Just sayin' of course. :)


Collage = a piece of art made by sticking various different materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric onto a backing.


A thought just occurred to me. Wow! A collage may be considered a less formal type of art. Perhaps it is considered not sophisticated enough. It may even be looked down on because it has no real appeal and looks like a child could do it. But, to me a collage is beautiful, even changing, ever forming with no set rules except what is in the artist's eyes. One needs to look at it. Really look at and let is speak to YOU.


Jesus was a type of collage. Don't you think? He came to those in a form that defied explanation unless one really opened their eyes to see the beauty of the whole piece. He appeared to be chaotic, without reputation, perhaps childlike, and a mess compared to the religious system. They did not see what He really was, just like the collage. When they tried to box Him in and reign Him in, He simply wouldn't allow that to happen. Look at this simple example. When the disciples tried to steer Him away from children, He rebuked them and simply replied:


Matthew 19: 14 'Let the little children come to  Me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of heaven."


What a powerful statement! This statement puts iconic leaders in their place. This statement stops traffic. It simply says "Hey  you guys don't have a clue what I see, what I feel or the ways of the kingdom! Move over and let these kids, these nobodies, come to me!" In this case, under these circumstances, I want to be childlike. Not childish but childlike.


I want to be a collage filled with the surprise of color and form that develops over time. I want to be a collage that no one can quite figure out. I want to be filled with color and texture and design for that is how God has created me. I started out this blog today wanting to write about something else but then this morning happened. And I knew I must press through the chains of predictability, the prison of mundane Christianity and move on. I may not know where or how but I am moving.


You see, there is a continual pressure put upon us just like the pressure put upon Jesus from the religious system and the disciples that walked with Him.  Thank God I don't have people around me that put a pressure on me to conform and not to form in Him. But I do consistently face a religious system that tries to knock us out and they never stop trying in various and unique ways. They often make me feel like I am not quite right, not quite good enough. Or they act like we don't exist and pretend that we are not worthy of their attention. In years past, sad to say, I bowed to this actually thinking that something was not quite right with me but I am not developing into something else along the way. I am a collage that many try to put into a prescribed box but they can't. When they can't, then they label me as rebellious, angry, unsubmitted or some such thing. I refuse to accept that. I am FREE! I am a collage that is developing in a free form with the colors that God chooses to throw in, the form God chooses to design. Free to be exactly what the Lord tells me to be and nothing less than that.  A little bit of venting goes a long way. I love blogging.







5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, and so true...never doubt, He shines through your writing. Religion will not win - He will! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read an old blogpost on my blogg today I came to think about you Debra and other people who may consider themselfs not "to fit in".

    http://profetiskt.blogspot.com/2008/04/holy-work-of-separation-is-coming-soon.html

    The Truth will always be offensive to some, and walking with Him who IS the Truth, I believe will always cause some opposition. But to me that is a good sign, you know you are on the right way, THE Way, the way which leads to LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Going to log onto this now to check it out.

      Delete
  3. I truly agree with all that you have written. I pray I never fall back into the prdictable "religious" Christian that I allowed "Man" to create and place in a box. A collage allows one to flow as God directs, when God directs, and how God directs. The religious system will only allow one to move as "Man" feels they should move. If you feel God is calling you to go to a specific location to preach or do work, religion says you have to let the Pastor know and if he agrees with you then be sent out by an organized church. I am so thankful to God that I can walk along side you and learn to be FREE in Christ because of His grace and not be bound to RELIGION because of the LAW.

    In the past, because I am your husband, i have been reluctant to write any response. I did not write because I did not want any reading the post to say "He is her husband and he has to write what he says." I realize that is actually allowing the religious system to control my actions and not allowing CHrist to be free in me. No longer will I hold back. I want to be a collage that is FREE.

    We will be FREE in the meetings that we will have in Helsinki... I am saddened because there are many that have been searching for a way to be creative in God but they are still locked to the Religious System here in FInland. They use excuses for not attending. There are also those that are afraid of loosing friends if they are bold enough to step out and attend, that stay home. They also use excuses for not attending. We know that we know that God wants to move creatively in FInland but for Him to move creatively, people must be obedient to His calling and loose their fear of "MAN".

    Great Blog today. I will be the beauty of a collage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read in a book about staying in a church in order to be planted in the Lord. Something rose up within me and did not agree with what the book was stating! And then I came online and read your blog which is an excellent explanation of why I disagree with what was written in that book! I will continue to be a collage for Jesus and I will bring His joy and peace to all who see my colors. May the Lord bless you extravagantly as you continue to be His beautiful collage!!!

    ReplyDelete