Thursday, January 10, 2013

Apprehended By Grace: The Real Deal!


Apprehended By Grace: The Real Deal!

January 10, 2013 - Our Fifth email regarding our convictions and beliefs in 2013 for Rivers of Eden. These will be posted on our updated web site as the foundation of what we believe. I encourage you to read the previous four emails also.

I was wondering how to write this fifth email and then suddenly, after reading a post on Facebook, I knew what to write. Here is what I read.

“A great sign of the revelation of grace I have seen in preachers that really get a hold of Grace is the following. They APOLOGIZE to people for what they preached before they got a hold of the truth.” Bertie Brits

So, here goes. How did this grace journey begin in my life? Quite simple. About two years ago, I was bored, uneasy and losing passion from all the externals that had taken hold of my heart. The prophetic, the conferences, trying to keep up with the latest postings, the superstars and on and on an on. I looked at my heart and saw something missing. I had left my first love in search of ministry, prophetic standing and acknowledgment, and much more. I repented and began to seek the reality of Jesus Christ, according to Colossians 1:27.

Over the previous two years or so, I began to see that my eyes were being unveiled to SEE the reality of the beauty of the New Covenant in Christ Jesus. As I looked carefully at what I had preached, taught and prophesied for all these years I SAW such MIXTURE – Old Covenant and New Covenant. I began to see that there was only one path in front of me – all grace.

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

I went to our current web site and got rid of any and all teachings, prophetic insights, and video and audio messages that spoke from mixture due to my ignorance of GRACE in the person of Christ Jesus. I unsubscribed from lists that contradicted the message of Grace. I subscribed to lists that impacted my life with a message of Grace. Many people unfriended me and removed themselves from Rivers of Eden’s list because of this message. This is reality. The message of grace shall confront and challenge anything that stands in the way of the glory in Jesus Christ. This is a given fact. My focus is not to dwell on what is wrong that is out there. I want to bring forth truth that will set you free to BE in Christ.

I want to ask forgiveness from all who are reading this if I have negatively impacted your life from this ignorance in words that may have conveyed an angry God, an unforgiving God or a God that unconditionally holds His love back fro His people. It is a new day! And there is an updated web site coming in the near future filled with grace.

My life is and will continue to be filled with grace. The person of Christ Jesus IS the reality of the message that we will carry forth to the nations in the coming year. 

The simplicity of this fifth message I am writing reflects the simplicity of the passion in my heart for Jesus Christ. Enjoy the upcoming year with us as we walk in this journey of grace. Be blessed in reading all that we shall write and impart into many of your lives.

Here we go!

In Christ
Debra Westbrook

Next post…Luke 1:17 – Contradictions abound in current “Forerunner, Elijah, John the Baptist” prophetic teachings. You are IN CHRIST- formed and defined by Him and Him alone. Renew your mind in the truth in the person of Jesus Christ. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debra,
    These messages has been so very encouraging! They are an echo of my very heart. For so long Grace has been replaced with Mixture and doctrines of men! And this has caused a lot in the body of Christ to "Work" for their Salvation, and their walk with the Lord. And they follow the great leaders with the great Anointings and great swelling words and do what they say rather than "Rest" in Grace and the finished work of Christ in a Relationship with Him! I just wanted to encourage you and say to you that these messages are from the Father's heart, and are needed so much for such a time as this!!

    May the Lord Bless you on your true journey with Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. They are gratefully appreciated. You are so right. I am walking through these messages right now and they are setting me so free unlike any time in my life. The message of grace is liberation and actually it is the message of Christ Jesus. All flows from that.

    ReplyDelete