Sunday, January 6, 2013

Apprehended By Grace: Women In Ministry!


Apprehended by Grace: Women in Ministry 

Galatians 3:28
In Christ's family there can be no division into Jew and non-Jew, slave and free, male and female. Among us you are all equal. That is, we are all in a common relationship with Jesus Christ. (The Message) 

January 6, 2013 So here goes with our second email regarding our convictions and beliefs for 2013. I am posting these to walk forward as a ministry with renewed strength, momentum, and clarity.  

There is total equality in ministry for women and men. Total equality without any discrimination. Both are called to lead in the Body of Christ in various and diverse ways. Women are called to lead in governmental positions of apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher. Women are also called to serve and help and walk in an anointing to heal, set free and BE in Christ. There is no debate on this fact in Rivers of Eden.
   
As the leader of Rivers of Eden, I would like to say that Marvin and I, as husband and wife, as a finely tuned team for God, are in agreement with equality in Christ for men and women.  I lead since God gave me the initial vision years ago and I have carried this inside me for years and years. God has placed an apostolic and prophetic call on my life to the nations. I speak this forth simply because I will no longer walk defensively trying to prove myself to both men and women in this call. Through years of being overlooked, passed over, rejected, or dismissed as emotional or angry, I acted defensively and at times angry but those days are gone. I lead. I am in Christ. Selah. (I pray this helps and will continue to help many women out there who are going and have gone through so much persecution for simply submitting to God's call on their life.)  

God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory. It's that simple. That is the substance of our Message. Colossians 1:27 (The Message)

I intended this email to be different, trying to theologically prove women are equal and capable. Yet God prompted me to take an offensive, not a defensive approach.  Those days are over for us. If I keep looking back or around for affirmation, it halts my forward progress and momentum in Christ. It's a useless argument to undertake even today. Women (and men) simply walk forward in truth, grace and humility and BE whom God has called you to BE. DO what He has called you to DO.  

Forgive and release people - you will never change their mind or change their opinion in this. Simply let go and let God do this. You walk forward! Be free in Christ! How can you deny who is in you? Are you called apostolically, prophetically? Are you called to preach or teach? Let God make a way for you and if you are in a church that denies women the opportunity to BE whom God has called them to BE, perhaps it is time to evaluate your current position and placement and move on. Marvin and I always look at leadership in any given church we visit or conference we may attend. If there are no women in leadership, we evaluate as to whether we even want to walk through the doors.  

Do not make a way for yourself or promote yourself - trust God! You, ladies, are not a man. And you gentlemen are not being demeaned in any way. As an older woman in the Body of Christ, I simply say it's time for both to arise in leadership. Women are 50% of the Body of Christ. God will move the whole body in unity, regardless of what anyone thinks or says or tries to prove.  

Do not be offended or offensive. Don't shirk back but be bold. Expect rejection and take it in grace but never let it cause you to doubt your calling or to walk away from it. Do not be angry or let your anger show forth. This is not a man-women thing but a God thing that only He can resolve in the heart of His people. Men are not your enemy, ladies. Women are not your enemy, gentlemen.  

Stand firm in your identity in Christ. Stand firm! I address this as a woman, for both women and men. Our 2013 convictions will form a firm foundation for this ministry.

Be blessed! 

Love in Christ
Debra Westbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment