Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Clarity

Focus on simplicity and clarity. After I wrote the blog yesterday called Pared Down, I left the apartment in Abu Dhabi to drive to Al Wahda Mall to go to Starbucks ( where I am having the best time with the Lord). Stopped at a traffic light, God prompted me to look up. He wanted to speak to me. When I saw this I smiled, pulled out my camera and clicked. What a wonderful confirmation to me from the Lord. God's prophecy in the midst of all the noise, the traffic, and in the midst of my day.

Simplicity pares us down in not having to prove anything but just resting in the simplicity that is Christ. Resting in the Lord is active, passionate and filled with momentum. Resting is not lethargic, apathetic or dull. But the momentum supplied in the simplicity of rest comes from the moving of the Holy Spirit, revealing Christ in us, to us and through us. Our Christian life then becomes a moving adventure led forth by the Spirit at all times, following Him at all times in the most simplistic ways. We don't have to prove we are cutting edge, or that we know all the right words to say or the right people to quote. We don't have to prove anything but that we are nothing without Him and that without Him we can do nothing. In that revelation, we find everything.

I have to say that trying to keep up with the Jones (old saying)............is not my style. Let me convert that into Christianity. Trying to keep up with the latest prophetic conference, word, revival, book or any such thing is not my style anymore. Why? I am not against these but I see that others so often are mimicking and imitating what they see or experience and in the process lose the simplicity of their own walk with the Lord. We are called to conform to His image and in doing that we come into the perfect unity in diversity that is found in Christ Jesus.

Why am I so passionate about this? Because my mandate to bring forth is FREEDOM and to encourage people to passionately draw near to Christ and in doing this, they find the template He has created for them. When we find ourselves in Him, we find life and in finding Life we find creativity.

Simplicity pares us down to looking at Him.
Clarity opens our eyes to see what He sees.

What am I saying? He is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment