Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nothing to Prove, Nothing to Lose!

Sitting here, doing nothing at the moment, looking out the window in Abu Dhabi, and wondering what to write. How good God is - I heard some great words of wisdom.

"When you have nothing to prove, you have nothing to lose."

Several people have said this to me over the years. When one is in a season of separation by God's hand, one chooses to suffer loss. Choosing to let go. Choosing to fade into the background for as long as the Lord wants so that He is glorified in our lives. I don't hear that preached much today. And if it is preached, quite often it is preached as mere words without substance. Those who truly preach this truth, will walk this truth to bring forth this truth with power. The Body of Christ is in need of much discipline, must like a child needs to be spanked by a good father. I see it coming.

Paul said it best:

Phil 3:7-11

7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. NKJV



What is it I see? I see so many people trying to prove something to someone - trying to prove there is revival, trying to prove themselves, their ministry, their reputation...........trying to prove something, anything - for what? Jesus says to find your life, you have to lose your life. It seems to me that most people want to bypass some steps in their walk with God yet reap the benefits.

I don't want to prove anything anymore. I just want to follow Him in submission and humility and with grace as oil flowing down the path that He chooses for me. I am forsaking the fear of man for the fear of the Lord which is the beginning of wisdom. And at the same time, I don't want to respond any more to people always trying to prove something...........................why would I respond right? That would mean I would just join the ranks of trying to prove something to them.......let God do it and let me walk in the anointing that He has for me. I am concerned at the lack of discernment that I see in the Body of Christ and the lack of wisdom and so much more, chasing after one thing and another. I say no. To who? To me and to those I mentor. I say no..................seek God not man. Seek God...........not man.

So where did this come from today? Why am I writing this? In this place of confinement, I am discerning that which is real from that which is false. I am separating the precious from the vile. Watching and observing. I am not released to talk about certain things yet for they are still between God and me and I am seeking the mind of Christ. For those who are anointed to shake things in the coming days, we will  indeed be bringing down more golden calves that the Body of Christ is accepting as Christianity but is indeed just more hype, preaching a Gospel that is not Christ centered but man centered.

In this place of confinement, our spiritual senses are HEIGHTENED. They are indeed. You know that old expression..........I could hear a pin drop in a crowded room. That's it folks. Sometimes I hear things and they just don't sound right. They appear to be right but they don't sound right to my inner man. I see things that by outward appearances look right but they aren't right and in my secret place, they conflict with what I know to be true. How am I learning this and how can you learn this? There are no formulas and no quick short cuts..................intimacy with the Lord.  Allowing Him to love you, rebuke you, chastise you, anoint you, and so much more.

I would not trade this time in the desert for anything........not anything for they have been glorious for me. I am strong and clear and focused right now. I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. I am like that horse that Bill Britton talked about......I am waiting and watching My Master and My Lord and until He says "GO!" I wait.

Selah.

6 comments:

  1. Like like this a lot and I don't like it..
    I like it because it's good and true.. but I don't like it because I'm not there yet.. So I know this and all these what you write are good for me to read.. and more importantly to think and eat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Jenna...........but with your honesty, God will work wonders in and through your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading the elders that have since gone on...reading what GOD has inprinted on their lifes, so as also mine. His imprint that others too will hear Him, his message to us all.Love is a warrior dressed in grave clothes..dead to self alive to Him!
    We spoke some time back about traveling to finland, however the Lord is directing our path we have traveled all over the usa in the last two months, He our Father has in mind a purpose alrighty in place, when we listen to His Spirit within us and not our own thinking.
    We are currently living in Texas, would love to extend invitation to you of our home, should the Lord direct you this way, we are also in the process of purchasing a home in florida which has a great deal more room, and would enjoy sitting basking in His presence with you, should He desire for us to do so,"Enter into that inmost realm, for it is there we may overcfome outward surroundings. Within you is a Divine fortress, and that Divine fortress defends, protects and fights for you."(molinos).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Just basking in the fragrance of the Lord! The Author and Finisher of my faith!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you talked about a Father having to spank his child it got me thinking about how the world is so against that now, and I believe that the church has also incorporated that kind of thinking. Heaven forbid that we would think of God being stern with us in anyway, He is a loving compassionate never to raise His voice and never to use tough love with us.
    As the kids in the world now are sunning around with no respect and boundaries because of the lack of strict discipline so I believe that the church is becoming the same way.
    We do not have healthy boundaries as to what we will accept and not accept.
    Where is the respect?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I think about this topic and how it plays itself out in everyday living the more I come up with. I am just thinking out loud here. Now when I think about how people deal with their children and the fear that there is now in regards to publicly disciplining them, and how other people can speak out and get them in trouble with the law to the extreme extent of losing their children. The church or should I say the leaders of the church are living in fear of the consequences of preaching on the discipline of God and His stern side, so to say.
    There is a fear there of losing people or even losing their church.
    You can preach all you want on the love of God but if you do not balance that out with His discipline then you have an unbalanced, unhealthy church. We as parents need to bring healthy discipline back into our families just like the church needs to bring that balance back also.
    Where is the discipline?

    ReplyDelete