Sunday, October 24, 2010

Single Eye!

While corralled and constrained by God's hand, one is apt to lose focus unless one purposes in their heart to focus on Him and Him alone. Easier said than done.

Frustration, rebellion, emotional outbursts of anger, unforgiveness, contention, strife - all of these which lie down deep within all of us suddenly come forth.  They were hidden if not for the place of confinement which created the perfect scenario for them to come forth and be displayed in order to be repented of and healed within us.

How to say more? My spirit is full right now and I want to say this right but I will forsake perfection and just speak from my heart. When you are confined by God's hand, there will be times when everything outside the corral seems to be better then what you are seeing inside your place of confinement.

But, you see, your sense of confinement, when placed in perfect submission unto the Lord, will actually be your place of perfection and breakthrough.

It is in this place that God hones our peripheral vision away from that which surrounds us, away from comparison and jealousy, and away from looking outside to looking within. Focus on Him and Him alone. Trust in Him and Him alone that He knows where you are, where He has placed you, and what His intentions and purpose for you are in your current place of confinement. Again, easier said than done. Do I have an amen? LIstening..................listening. There I heard it from some of you. I look in hindsight with great wisdom but while going through this the scenario in my life went something like this.

Example: Place a stubborn rebellious 2 year old in a place of confinement as a time of discipline and what does he or she do. Well, I guess it depends on the 2 year old. I was strong willed and rebellious so I threw things, cried, pleaded, begged and even stripped down my bed to nothing one day.......just to get out. But, alas, I did not. So what eventually happened? After much fanfare and outward displays of emotion, I simply submitted to the place I was in and calmed down. My focus was then turned to the room at hand. I guess I must have thought "Okay I am not getting out of here right now so I better must make the best of this."  Looking focused on what was at hand allowed me to make use of the time in my confinement.

Now that may seem silly but it is true. Simple and true. A horse that is to be used mightily must learn to be content in the corral and not fight their place of confinement. The restlessness for greater things must die within. The presumptions of what if or what else is there must fall by the wayside. Jealousy over those passing by must fade and all sense of competition must die until.........................you are single eyed on the ONE who alone holds the key to your release.

Then one day, when you least expect it, when you are enjoying this place of confinement so much that nothing matters any more, God knows He has your heart. When that happens, suddenly the gate is opened and the Master calls to you to come forth to follow Him and serve Him wherever He leads you.

9 comments:

  1. Surrending all, not questioning, fully trusting,pursing Him,eyes set like flint, on "Him." Fully content being with Him.
    "Love, Joy and Peace in the Holy Spirit..Wearing the Kingdom....Thank you..oh how you bless and encourage me..
    Drema

    ReplyDelete
  2. I correct myself: "Righteousness, Joy and Peace in the Holy Spirit."...."Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all else will be added."

    Thank you Debra..
    Drema

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and amen........after so much time in the wilderness I am feeling good about a day where..........I am just happy, happy happy to be alive and to be IN HIM>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if this will make sense or not but as I read this all I could think of was being in the corral and looking out to where the Grass looked Greener on the other side. I saw others that had climbed the fence only to find out that the greener grass was crab grass and non-nurishing. To stand firm in the grasp of God during His training brings us to a place of fulfillment and joy. To fully surrender to Him as the Master allows Him to use us in a mightier and more powerful way.

    Ps 30:5
    Weeping may endure for a night,
    But joy comes in the morning
    NKJV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being so candid because you are validating the position so many of us have found ourselves in, but didn't know where to put it. I have stopped questioning the things I ranted and raved about for so many years, and then, I was afraid I was getting cold hearted, even though I didn't really feel cold. I just woke up one day, really none of my doings, but just was so busy with a new baby, school and work that I found myself not even having time to think about all of the things that had been haunting me for so long. Now, when the thought or emotions arises, I just say "Lord, I really don't have time to think or feel that right now, please do it for me." Now, believe me, this was not a work of will power, it was something that he worked in and one day I realized it was numb. I still have faith these situations will turn around and breakthroughs will come, because they are promises of God, but in the meantime, I have to do what needs to be done today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donita..
    You said it so well..how God is using Debra to validate, put into word, all that He has been taking us "through."..So, that we might attain "Oneness with Him."..Know that He is continuously battlng for us..and that as Debra said..to be: "Just happy,happy,happy to be alive and in Him."
    I know that He is speaking, encouraging all of us thru this blog...and I am feeling so truly blessed of the Lord.
    Blessings, Drema

    ReplyDelete
  7. This probably couldn't have come at a more perfect time for me (so to speak). Feeling very frustrated about something that I don't "see" a way out of. Except to go through, and TRUST. This is what He's been telling me to do.. I even made the exchange of my heart's desires for His .. (well, in a ceremonial way... and now it has to be walked out... I feel the utter frustration of being confined... I'm so glad you put it like that- what a good illustration to help put in perspective what this is really about... : ) There really is hope. Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Someone sent this in an email to me today, and it has really encouraged:

    Revelations 3:8

    When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen and Amen. Wow this post could not have come at a more appropriate time for me. I just got out of the 'naughty' chair so to speak, and find that peace within my confinement. You said it so beautifully Debra. God Bless you, and thank you for posting this. I was truly God ordained and timed for me to read this today. JJ

    ReplyDelete